Refining Community Galveston 2017May 9, 2017
Technical Tuesday #2 – Strategic ServicesMay 17, 2017
We are seeking to add to our staff of full-time professionals in the Pasadena, TX area. This position:
- Executes clearing and cleaning plans developed by RTI Operations personnel.
- Assists Operations Managers on project executions and appropriate client personnel on RTI’s cleaning and clearing strategies.
- Follows-up with clients to ensure that we meet or exceed their expectations.
- Conducts business in a safe manner consistent with RTI’s Quality Policy, with an emphasis on a servant’s heart and competitive urgency.
- Controls costs through daily prudent decisions.
- On some occasions, and after training, may be a project lead, having responsibility for others on the team.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Process Technology Associates of Applied Science degree (or equivalent) – 2 year program or an Associates degree and a Process Technology Certificate (or equivalent) – 1 year program. Minimum of 3.0 GPA in either program.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a refinery on a process unit strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel to outlying markets for supporting a growing list of clients across the U.S. and Canada.
- Some mechanical/hand tools experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic plant piping circuits
- Ability to read piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Basic knowledge of pressures, process flows, and temperatures
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate plans to plant personnel at multiple organizational levels
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems during the actual applications
- Ability to quickly master software tools such as MS Visio, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Ability to work as a self-starter and manage projects with minimal management oversight